Lecturer in Systematic Theology
Tel: +353 (0)1 708 3627
Office Location: Room 7, Dunboyne House
Office Hours: Thursdays, 11.00 am—12.00 noon
Member of the Society of Mary, ordained 1988. Undergraduate studies at the University of Passau, Germany and Milltown Institute (BD). Graduate studies at Heythrop College, (M.Th); All Hallows, (Dip. Past. Theol.), Trinity College, (H.Dip. Ed.) and the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (STL, 1993; STD, 1996). Since 1997 taught at the Milltown Institute and Head of the Dept. of Systematic Theology (2006-2010).
- Trinitarian Theology.
- The Theology of Karl Rahner
- Christian Identity in a Postmodern Age
- The Relationship between Theology and Spirituality
- A Spirituality of Everyday Faith: A Theological Investigation of the Notion of Spirituality in Karl Rahner, Louvain Theological & Pastoral Monographs 23, Louvain, Peeters Press/Eerdmans, 1998.
- The Cambridge Companion to Karl Rahner [ed.] with M. E. Hines. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Christian Identity in a Postmodern Age: Celebrating the Legacies of Karl Rahner and Bernard Lonergan [ed.] Dublin, Veritas, 2005.
- Theology in the Making: Biography, Contexts, Methods [ed.] with G. Thiessen. Dublin, Veritas, 2005.
- Trinity and Salvation: Theological, Spiritual and Aesthetic Perspectives, [ed.] with G. Thiessen. Studies in Theology, Society and Culture, Vol. 2 Oxford/Bern: Peter Lang, 2009.
- An Introduction to the Trinity, with R. van Nieuwenhove, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- “Some Recent Trends in Trinitarian Theology from a Western Perspective.” Paper delivered at the East-West Theological Forum, Seoul, Korea, 8 April, 2011.
- “Trinity and Tradition: Re-visiting the Trinitarian Tradition East and West.” Paper delivered at the Leuven Encounters in Systematic Theology, Leuven, Belgium, 27 October 2011.
- “Transcendental Thomisms.” Chapter in the Oxford Handbook of Catholic Theology, ed. L. Ayres, et al. OUP. Forthcoming.
- ST 104: Introduction to Christianity
- ST 107: Revelation and Faith
- ST 205 The God of Jesus Christ
- ST 305: The Christian God
- PG 446 Theology and Postmodernity
Links and Other Interests:
Co-editor with Dr. Norbert Hintersteiner (Irish School of Ecumenics, Trinity College, Dublin) and Dr. Gesa Thiessen (Priory Institute and Trinity College, Dublin) of the “Theology, Society and Culture Series” with Peter Lang (2009–present; 8 vols. published to date).