Professor of Liturgy
Review Editor, Irish Theological Quarterly
Director of Post-Graduate Studies
Tel: +353 (0)1 708 3442
Office Location: Room 16, Dunboyne House
Office Hours: Wednesdays, 9:00—10:30 a.m.
An ordained presbyter of the Order of Friar Servants of Mary (OSM). Undergraduate studies in Dublin and Rome. Postgraduate studies at the Pontifical Liturgical Institute, Sant’ Anselmo, Rome. After working in a parish for a number of years after ordination, I returned to Rome and graduate studies in liturgy, culminating in a Doctorate. I have taught and lectured in many parts of Ireland and Australia, Ghana, Italy, UK, and the USA. Appointed Director of Post-Graduate Studies at the Pontifical University at Maynooth in 2009.
Member: Societas Liturgica, Irish Biblical Association, Dublin Diocesan Liturgy Commission, Irish Commission for Liturgy, Review Editor of the Irish Theological Quarterly.
- Method in the study of Liturgical actions
- Liturgy in Early Christian Ireland
- The role of liturgy in the Jewish Christian Encounter
- Several articles in Edward Kessler and Neil Wenborn, eds., A Dictionary of Jewish-Christian Relations, (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005).
- Fortcoming article on Liturgy in the Jewish Christian Encounter
- The Padova School and liturgical theology
- The presence of Orthodox communities in Ireland
- The Order of Christian Funerals as a ministry of consolation
- Introduction to Liturgy
- Sacraments of Christian Initiation
- Liturgy and Time
- Historical Theology
- Foundations of Worship
- Liturgy, Sacraments and Pastoral Care
- Issues in Liturgical Theology
- Sources and History of the Roman Liturgy
Links and Other Interests
- Plainchant and its performance