Lecturer in Systematic Theology
Tel: +353 (0)1 708 3431
Office Location: Room 4, Dunboyne House
Wednesdays: 4.00–5.00 p.m.
Priest of the Diocese of Down and Connor, ordained 1978. Secular studies: Queen’s University, Belfast: 1968–74. Theological studies: Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome: 1974–84. Head of Religious Studies Department, St Malachy’s College, Belfast: 1984–96; Lecturer in Systematic Theology, Pontifical University, Maynooth since 1996. Served on the Department of Theological Questions, Inter-Church Meeting, and is currently on the Episcopal Commission for Clergy, Seminaries and the Permanent Diaconate.
- Sacramental Theology
- Mother of the Redeemer, Mother of the Redeemed. Baltimore: Christian Classics Press, 1988
- Seven Bells to Bethlehem. The O Antiphons, Leominster: Gracewing-Fowler Wright, 1996
- This is My Beloved Son. Aspects of the Passion, London: Darton, Longman and Todd, 1997
- The God Who Loved Stories, London: St Pauls, 1999. 2d ed. Bangalore: Claretian Publications, 2000;
- Editor, The Faith of the Catholic Church: A Summary, Veritas, Dublin, 2001.
- “The Indissoluble Mystery”, Priests and People, Sept 1987;
- “Marriage as Epiphany”, Priests and People, Feb 1988; International Christian Digest, Summer, 1988;
- “Women and the Priesthood”, Religious Life Review, Sept 1988;
- “Scripture, Tradition and the Local Church”, Priests and People, Mar 1991.
- Eucharistic apostolicity and the visible structures of the Body of Christ
- The nature of ecclesial personhood in the light of the Trinitarian communion
- The sacramentality of revelation in the Church considered as Epiphany
- Understanding the Church and Mary, its Model
- The Construction of Modern Ecclesiology
- Introduction to the Theology of Revelation
- Eucharist: Source and Centre of the Sacramental Life
- Making Sense with Theology
- The Holy Spirit and the Sacraments of the New Creation
- Introduction to Pneumatology