News & events:
Click a blue link for more information....
- An exhibition to celebrate Ireland’s Presidency of the European Union is currently running at the John Paul II Library.
The exhibition ‘Irish students in Europe: celebrating 350 years of scholarship through the collections of St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth and NUI Maynooth’ will run until Friday, 24th June 2013.
- UNIVERSITY DAY - Saturday 29 June 2013: 10.30am - 3pm
(same date and venue as NUIM)
The University Day is open to prospective students and their families, and aims to offer a first-hand insight into life at our University, both from a social and academic perspective.
Theology Lecture: John Hume Building, Lecture Theatre 6 (JHL6), at 1.40pm.Full Lecture timetable available nearer the date at: www.gomaynooth.ie
- St.Patrick’s College, Maynooth Pontifical University: Faculty of Theology
- Professorship in Systematic Theology
- Contract Lectureship in Systematic Theology (3 Years)
- Contract Programmes Co-ordinator with some Lecturing duties in Moral Theology (3 Years)
- Contract Lectureship in Sacred Scripture/Biblical Studies (3 Years)
Prior to application, further information on these posts should be sought from the President’s Office, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland.
Tel. 01-7083958, Fax 01-7083959, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest date for applications Friday, 7th June 2013. Interviews for Lectureships likely to be held week beginning 17th June 2013 and Professorship week beginning 8th July 2013.
- Encountering Buddhist Asia
Russell Library Exhibition until 12th July 2013
Sources of Irish knowledge from the sixth to the twenty first centuries, from the collections of Saint Patrick's College and NUI Maynooth.
Monsignor Hugh Connolly and Professor Philip Nolan examine the artifacts in the exhibion
- Faith Questions, from the Dept of Dogma and Systematic Theology
Faculty members from the Department of Dogma and Systematic Theology have brought out a timely publication for the Year of Faith.
- Ordination to Diaconate
on Trinity Sunday
26th May 2013
On Sunday 26th May 2013, Saint Patrick’s College, Maynooth will celebrate the ordination of Deacons in a ceremony rich in symbolism. Diaconate is the last phase in the formation of a seminarian before his ordination to the Priesthood.
- Seminarist Course in Philosophy and Arts celebrates 44 years.
2 May 2013
An evening of celebration and commemoration was held in the Crolly Room on Thursday, 2nd May, to mark forty-four years of the Seminarist Course in Philosophy and Arts.
- New One Year Taught Masters in Christianity, Human Rights and Society.
Beginning in September 2013:
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms was 1st May 2013. Late applications will be accepted until 30th June 2013
Please contact the Admissions Office.
- Spectacular interactive pictures of the College Chapel at Saint Patrick’s College in Google Maps. April 2013
Internet users anywhere in the world will be able to take an interactive virtual tour of the College Chapel and cloisters. Try it!
- Treasures of Irish Christianity Volume I reprinted,, and now Volume II is coming....
Last year's publication, Treasures of Irish Christianity: People and Places, Images and Texts, edited by Professor Salvador Ryan and Professor Brendan Leahy has recently gone to a re-print.
A second volume entitled Treasures of Irish Christianity: A People of the Word, will be published by Veritas in the early summer.
- The Intel Microprocessor in the National Science Museum at Maynooth is featured in A History of Ireland in 100 Objects, by Fintan O'Toole.
An electronic edition of A History of Ireland in 100 Objects by Fintan O’Toole can be downloaded from the Irish EU Presidency website: www.eu2013.ie/100objects.
- Rebuilding the Organ is the last major project in the College Chapel
The organ has had two major rebuilds in its life, in the 1920's and in the 1970's. However, by now, a total rebuild is required.
The project will take two years. Some of the ranks will be totally replaced, while others will be voiced and polished, and returned to their setting on the Gallery in the Summer of 2013.
Could you help?
Dates for your Diary:
Recent News & Events:
Details of items listed can be accessed by clicking on the blue link
- Schola Gregoriana
Lunchtime concert on Thursday, 2 May , in the College Chapel at 1.10 p.m.
You are invited to the Schola Concert, which
features chants to celebrate St Michael the Archangel, St Nicholas, and the apostles St Philip and St James (whose feast day is on 3 May).
The guest organist is Raymond O'Donnell, director of music at Galway Cathedral.
- Maynooth Seminary Open Day 28th April 2013
Open Day will include
A tour of the seminary & college
An opportunity for questions
A chance to meet and chat to seminarians
A look at a day in the life of a seminarian
All men discerning a vocation to the Catholic Priesthood are welcome
No booking necessary